Position: Benefits Specialist
Location: Pasadena, CA
Please email resumes to email@example.com for immediate consideration.
• Bachelor’s degree (BA) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school is desired.
• Minimum three years of TM experience.
• Minimum two years customer service experience.
• Strong foundational knowledge of HR, Benefits and Payroll concepts and ability to learn and retain Client policies and business processes.
• Must understand HIPAA and PHI privacy rules and cyber security principals
• Ability to cross-train and perform different job functions within People.
• Ability to work any schedule during hours of operation: 6am to 6pm PDT, Monday through Friday.
• Ability to learn and use technology to perform job requirements, including but not limited to MS Office, Workday and Service Cloud.
ADDITIONAL POSITION QUALIFICATIONS
• Minimum of two to three years of LOA and benefits administration experience.
• Must possess knowledge of benefits financial analytics: differences between self-insured and fully-insured plans, accrual rates, employer/employee cost sharing methodologies, pretax vs after-tax benefit premiums and reinsurance reimbursements
• A deep knowledge of each benefits carrier/vendor database functions and processes to ensure compliance with the benefit eligibility rules and coverage levels stipulated by each plan contract/agreement
• Minimum one year of Payroll administration experience.
• Ability to deliver quality, error-free work in a fast-paced, high production environment.
• Strong time management, organizational and prioritization skills, as well as the ability to multi-task and track multiple deliverables.
• Ability to quickly and accurately respond to common inquiries or complaints from team members, co-workers and/or supervisors, as well as ask clarifying questions to ensure understanding.
• Customer service oriented with demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with team members of all levels.
• Uses strong inductive and deductive reasoning to solve problems involving several options in situations – intermediate analytical skills.
• Strong personal accountability, resilience and ability to work under pressure while maintaining a positive attitude.
• Agile and able to quickly adapt to ever- changing business needs.
• Ability to work independently, in teams and as part of a collective group.
Main JOB FUNCTIONS
• Conducts People Shared Services operational functions, including but not limited to LOA and Benefits administration.
• Timely and accurate completion of various employee transactions.
• Serves as an informational resource for People Services, including but not limited to LOA, Benefits and related policies and procedures, such as time entry and payroll.
• Provides team members accurate, consistent and timely responses and explanations regarding Benefits related questions and issues.
• Works closely with vendors and support units to ensure service levels are effectively attained.
• Proactively identifies policy and process improvement opportunities to deliver enhanced customer services to the organization.
• Responsible for the biweekly payroll reconciliation and compilation of the monthly benefit insurance enrollment details by entity for Financial Shared Services
• Prepares monthly accruals to claim payments for self-insured medical and dental plans and tracks stop-loss reimbursement payments
• Analyzes and corrects data discrepancies on EDI transmissions to the third-party benefit administrators (Health e(Fx), Wells Fargo)
• Audits data supplied for compliance reporting
• Processes monthly self-bill premiums, wire deposits for claims payments, and reconciles premium payments to enrollment
• Maintains carrier pricing renewal documents/contracts to validate monthly payments
• Back up other TM Shared Services Representatives, as needed.
• Performs additional TM tasks and/or special projects, as assigned