Position: FIRE SPRINKLER DESIGNER TECHNICIAN (NICET Level III or IV Certified)
Location: Pasadena, CA
Duration: Contract to Hire
Please email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate consideration.
Our client has a position for a NICET Certified Water-Based Systems Layout Designer Technician to join the Fire Protection Engineering Division of Federal Business Unit in support of various Government Agency projects. Our client’s Federal Business Unit provides a broad array of engineering design services to its clients including Fire and Life Safety Engineering and Fire Protection System Design.
- US Citizenship is required. Candidate must have the ability to obtain US Government security clearances
- 5 or more years related design experience in Fire Sprinkler System design
- NICET Level III or IV Certification in Water-Based System Layout
- Must be able to complete design projects start to finish, while working independently
- Must be able to multi-task, work with minimal supervision, follow written and oral instructions, show attention to detail and demonstrate problem-solving skills
- Program experience with, and working knowledge of, REVIT, AutoCAD, HydraCAD, HydraCALC, HydraLIST, HASS, and Microsoft Suite.
- Ability to solve basic math problems including geometry and algebra.
- Proficient in AutoCAD and REVIT
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Field experience
- Special suppression systems such as foam, water spray, water mist, clean agent, wet/dry chemical, and carbon dioxide
- Knowledge of all NFPA codes and standards including NFPA-13, 14, 11, 15, 16, 20, 22, 24, and 25
- Interpret and apply applicable NFPA standards for Automatic Sprinkler System Layout
- Prepare stock listing and fabrication requests
- Prepare as-built drawings
- Comply with all safety policies
- Visit construction sites or frequent travel with overnight stay
- Ability to complete site surveys and identify code issues and find solutions.
- Work in a professional office environment and routinely uses standard office equipment