One of our dynamic and responsive, high-value CPA firms that serves closely held businesses, high
net worth clients, trusts and estates, and other clients throughout California and globally, is hiring looking for a Sr. Accountant to join the Team.
We hire engaged employees and support our team with hybrid work, a robust benefits package
as well as provide numerous perks including team activities, training, education stipends, and
support for community involvement. Additional benefits include targeted industry compensation,
401(k) and profit-sharing, medical/dental/vision, life insurance, short-term and long-term
This is an ideal position for a smart, motivated person who is passionate about delivering
strategic value in a fast-paced, collaborative environment. A focused ability to take charge and
meet tight deadlines will ensure your success in this multi-faceted role.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Demonstrate a thorough understanding of the tax return process and completion.
• Prepare increasingly complex tax returns.
• Demonstrate a well rounded knowledge of tax laws and return preparation commensurate with
• Proficient at research including reference sources available to the firm.
• Tax Planning for individuals and business entities.
• Continue developing a command of pertinent IRC sections and regulations.
• Initiate client contact for planning and scheduling work.
• Participates actively in client meetings.
• Demonstrate ability to set and manage client expectations.
• Demonstrate self review skills.
• Develop a sense of scope and exercise good judgment.
• Identify opportunities for improved performance in the next engagement.
• Strive to provide a complete work product that is organized, in compliance with work flow
standards, and can be efficiently reviewed by managers and partners.
• Demonstrate solid working knowledge of ProSystem fx Tax, tax planning software and
• Develop basic working knowledge of QuickBooks.
• Establish a habit of accuracy and promptness in preparing administrative reports and of
compliance with the Firm's administrative procedures, i.e. time sheets, expense reports,
• Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading
professional publications and new regulations.
• Become more involved in marketing efforts for the firm.
• Meet chargeable hour goal as determined by partners (currently 1,650 for full-time staff).
Desired Skills and Experience:
• Licensed CPA, or on path to being licensed.
• BA in Accounting or equivalent work experience.
• Three or more years of tax experience with at least one year of mid-level compliance work.
• Strong knowledge of tax accounting, tax compliance and all types of tax returns.
• Compassionate and supportive interpersonal skills.
• Strong project and client specific skills to assess problems or unusual situations and
quickly create efficient solutions.
• Demonstrates a working knowledge of CCH Products (ProSystemfx Tax, Engagement,
Client Portal, etc.).
Additional Knowledge and Skills:
• Able to prioritize, multi-task, work under pressure and handle interruptions while
maintaining flexibility in work assignments.
• Ability to perform all the duties of the position efficiently and effectively by oneself.
• Good at meeting deadlines and solving problems.
• Comfortable receiving feedback.
• Ability to be flexible in response to changing priorities and needs.
• You are highly collaborative and team oriented.
• Ability to work under pressure in a deadline-oriented business.
• You work well with little direction but know when to ask for help and keep your team