We are fast-growing and dynamic personal injury law firm that is looking to expand our settlement department. This is a fast-paced position that requires excellent communication and written skills. The settlement department assistant will work along side with the senior settlement negotiator to bring more effective resolution to our personal injury cases.
The assistant's responsibilities as to the Settlement Department will include the following (and among others, as assigned):
- Data entry (proficient with Excel and Google Sheets is a must);
- Communicating with Clients regarding settlement status
- Communicating with insurance adjusters/statutory lien holders;
- Processing DHCS/Medicare/and other liens;
- Assist in transmitting settlement releases & statutory liens to insurance adjusters;
- Follow-up on settlement checks through to collection;
- Process and document settlement checks received;
- Track and locate physical files;
- Transfer physical files to lien department;
- Transfer settlement checks to bookkeeping department;
- Must be fluent in Spanish
- Other duties as assigned.