Plaintiff’s personal injury law firm in Raleigh, NC is seeking an experienced Legal Assistant / Paralegal to join our Litigation team. We are seeking candidates who have a thorough understanding of all aspects of litigation, preferably personal injury, including knowledge of local rules and NC Rules of Civil Procedure. Superior attention to detail is extremely important for this position. We are looking for hard working and motivated individuals who are capable of handling a substantial amount of work and will thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Draft various pleadings, motions, correspondence and other documents
- Prepare and respond to discovery
- Request, follow up and obtain medical records/bills related to client treatment
- Verify/ confirm and document account balances with medical providers
- Review and summarize medical records
- Prepare litigation attorney for depositions, mediations and arbitrations
- Assist with trial preparation including jury instructions, trial exhibits, Subpoenas, etc.
- Manage Court dockets
- Draft settlement calculations and agreements
- Other administrative duties such as organizing case files, calendaring hearings, filing, etc.
- Previous personal injury litigation paralegal/legal assistant experience required
- Self-starter, fast-learner and motivated to meet common goals
- Experience with Needles Case Management/document management software a plus
- Detail-oriented, able to multitask and have a professional demeanor
- Ability to set priorities and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to manage a high-volume caseload involving sensitive information
- Able to have frequent and effective interactions with clients, medical providers and insurance companies
- Must have at least a high school diploma (or equivalent)