Social Media Community Manager
A leading digital entertainment service with over 75 million unique monthly readers. We are a digital entertainment company and storytelling platform with users and creators from all over the world. Every day we come ready to learn, contribute, and get excited about the opportunity to work alongside people of different backgrounds and work styles.
As the Social Media Community Manager, you will serve as the voice of the company to engage with the community and create a tangible social presence. This is a unique opportunity for someone who has had experience building and managing a successful online community. This role is critical in developing and strengthening our unique voice to expand our 4M+ reader base in the LATAM market.
You are self-motivated, nimble, goal-oriented, and always up for a new challenge. You are a highly collaborative teammate in a growing team, but also comfortable working independently in a scrappy, start-up like environment. You are not afraid to think outside the box and are willing to get your hands dirty to see each project to completion.
- Develop the voice of each social media channel for the Latin America region
- Build a strong sense of community via social media by engaging with users, creators, and brands on various platforms, actively answering questions and concerns posted on our social channels, engaging in dialogues with comments where appropriate
- Monitor and clearly communicate fan feedback to inform product/service decisions
- Own the publishing of social platforms, ensuring all content is executed as planned on calendar and well-optimized across relevant channels by tagging, linking, and performance tracking
- Develop and amplify organic content and conversation around brand content, user-generated, and influencer-generated content
- Run UGC contests for audiences and promote best UGC across all channels
- Manage promotions and giveaways by working with internal and external partners
- Track, measure, and report on contests and channel results on a weekly, monthly, and quarterly basis
- Manage budget for all social media channels
- Stay up to date with trending topics and viral hashtags in LATAM and actively apply them to LATAM social media content
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to build ambitious and comprehensive marketing plans with holistic growth for the Spanish platform
- Other duties and projects as assigned
- Professional working proficiency in both Spanish and English is required to be considered for this role
- 2+ years of proven experience leading community management in the entertainment sphere
- Understanding of the current social media landscape in Latin America, hands-on professional experience with Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, TikTok, YouTube, and other relevant platforms
- Expert in LATAM Gen Z culture and trends, and the ability to translate these insights to effective social media strategy
- Experience implementing social media calendars, schedulers, tools and templates to optimize processes
- Loves, comics, animation, gaming, music, cinema, and entertainment, and is deeply engaged in these communities. Industry experience in these areas preferred.
- Graphic design and video editing skills are a major plus
- Proactive, always proposing and trying new ideas. Have you made viral content? We want to hear about it.
- Ability to collect, analyze, and use social data to improve content and campaign performance, you are a master at Excel and/or Airtable
- Ability to work in a fast-paced startup environment and execute multiple projects with enthusiasm and attention to detail
- Outstanding written and verbal communications skills
- Strong organizational skills, you are the Marie Kondo of the team
- Your responses are very well-thought, speedy fast, and with a great sense of humor
- Ability to work in a global company with stakeholders across different time zones and languages