We have an immediate opening for a Tax Accountant
at a well established public accounting firm located in the San Fernando Valley.
This will be a full time/direct hire position for a candidate looking for a long term opportunity. Salary will be determined based off the experience of the candidate.
- Bachelor's in Accounting
- Active CPA a bonus but not required
- 3-5 years experience at public accounting firm
- Strong tax accounting skills with proficiency in US GAAP and tax compliance.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and QuickBooks
- Understanding of state and federal taxes.
- Broad exposure to federal income taxation and knowledge of tax regulations.
- Implement client’s engagements from start to finish (planning, executing, directing, and completing tax projects).
- Manage engagements budgets.
- Supervise, train, and mentor staff and interns on tax projects.
- Review tax returns prepared by staff and make recommendations regarding accuracy and tax savings opportunities.
- Prepare more complex tax returns for individuals, trusts, partnerships, and corporations.
- Proactively interact with key client management to gather information, resolve tax-related problems, and make recommendations for business and process improvements.
- Assist partners on proposals and business development calls.
- Gain understanding of client operations, processes, and business objectives.
- Possess an understanding of state and foreign tax issues.
- Perform other job-related duties as necessary.
To Apply: Please send updated resume in WORD format to firstname.lastname@example.org