Position: Vice President of Credit/Underwriting
Location: Southern California preferred with ongoing meetings in Glendale, CA
Compensation $132,0000 to $168,000, plus Bonus
Seeking an ambitious and strong mid to upper-level credit/underwriting executive with 10+ years of mortgage experience in various capacities. As we are ramping up the business, the person should be willing to roll up their sleeves and get involved.
- Ability to staff, train and manage effective credit and underwriting personnel to support business needs and growth.
- Comprehensive knowledge of all lending guidelines, specifically, conventional, FHA, VA and Jumbo. Knowledge of Non-QM would be a bonus.
- Ability to distribute and manage workflow in order to meet the established SLA (Service Level Agreement).
- Strong collaboration skills and the ability to build a team and work in concert with other departments.
- Comfortable in making decisions in an escalation and exception process
- Ability to manage, create and maintain guidelines and matrices, taking into consideration multiple sources.
- Can create and set policy for operational efficiency across multiple channels of origination and support functions.
Presentation and consistency in message is crucial. The ability to develop, implement and manage a staffing, training and support plan consistent with our growth is essential. Experience and background in associated responsibilities such as processing, funding, pre and post close QC, agency sales and capital markets is a plus as additional responsibilities may be assigned over time.
A knowledge of Encompass, Blueprint, Optimal Blue and Simple Nexus is a plus.
Other: This is a Mid to upper-level management position with the opportunity to earn a seat at the table in a senior level capacity through proven success and demonstrated management skills.