SR. SOFTWARE ENGINEER
The Senior Fullstack Software Engineer will work closely with the Fullstack Software Engineering team members to design, develop and enhance web and data solutions.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Influence and collaborate with business systems analysts and internal business users to develop solutions based on requirements.
- Expert ability to design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and robust code while using source control to manage code across all environments.
- Write code at all tiers from persistence to middle tier to frontend.
- Troubleshoot, analyze and debug application issues.
- Optimizing and refactoring existing code to increase responsiveness, performance, and maintainability.
- Ensures that the architectures and standards are being followed, by Influencing and participating in code reviews and quality assurance processes.
- Adhere to and enforce ODS policies and procedures.
- Adhere to and enforce coding standards and best practices.
- Create and maintain conceptual, logical, and physical application architectures.
- Take ownership of solving complex business problems for the client.
- Innovate and share findings with other Seniors and Leads.
- Implement new architectural changes for client systems.
- Promote and encourage a healthy team/collaborative environment.
- Evaluate work of other Fullstack Software Engineers.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Perform all work and activities with honesty and integrity.
- Take personal responsibility for productivity, quality and timeliness of work.
- Effectively communicate (and listen) clearly, professionally, politely and persuasively in all situations; respond well and in a reasonable, timely manner.
- Challenge conventional practices and use creativity and information to lead, innovate, problem solve, and implement ideas to contribute to the growth of the organization.
- Support and meet company/department goals and core values.
- Collaborate with co-workers to achieve common goals.
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
- Technical Capacity.
- Time Management.
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Computer Science preferred. Other majors accepted for review include Engineering majors with a programming background.
- Demonstrated experience of high-quality delivery in a Software Engineering role for the full development lifecycle across several high complexity projects
- Demonstrated experience in creating and maintaing conceptual, logical, and physical application archiitectures
- Demonstrated Expertise in:
- Python (Flask, Django, SQL Alchemy)
- Web Services (JSON, Micro Services)
- Relational Database Technologies
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Expert ability to quickly learn and apply new technologies
- Expert in Object Oriented Analysis and Design
- Expert ability to read and create high performance SQL queries
- Expert ability in unit testing/test-driven development
- Expert ability to develop in MVC-based frameworks in C# or Python
- Expert ability to develop in frontend technologies (React, Angular, and Vue)
- Experience building or utilizing REST APIs
- Strong knowledge and experience of web accessibility
- Good understanding of cross-platform and cross-browser issues
- Comfort with Relational Database, ANSI SQL, Database Performance tuning, and various file formats