JOB TITLE: Material Coordinator
DEPARTMENT: Procurement Department
PAY RATE: $20.50/hr-$23.50/hr
REPORTS TO: Director of ERP
The Material Coordinator will assist by managing inventory and ensure that material resources are consistent with production plan and schedules. The Material Coordinator will be responsible for monitoring both soon-to-expire and expired materials, both active and inactive, and ensure they are consumed or disposed of. The role will work closely with the Planning team to prioritize Manufacturing Orders as it relates to running out material. The role will work to ensure the release of Planned Manufacturing Orders that align with the Manufacturing Schedule.
- Communicates with Production teams, planning, scheduling, and QA/QC to ensure timely releases of all items in Atlas to reflect in Infor.
- Actively participates in Production and QA/QC meetings and decision making regarding raw material and bulk material.
- Provides the Manager with a weekly update on assigned projects.
- Evaluates expired & soon to expire materials inhouse and at 3rd parties, coordinates with production planning and Schedulers on usage.
- Submits requests for recertification to QC based of scheduled production dates.
- Follows up with contract manufacturers quality samplers to ensure proper sampling and testing is completed in a timely manner.
- Monitors existing Manufacturing Schedule for opportunities to use soon to expire material to cut down on retesting fees and avoid material expiration.
- Works closely with Manufacturing Scheduling/Planning Team to release and maintain Finished Good Planned Manufacturing Orders.
- Monitors completed BULK to insure it is included in the Packaging Schedule and no material remains unpackaged or in QC Hold.
- Reviews the reported in-house damages and ensure QA/QC makes a final disposition in a timely manner.
- Compiles expired, damaged, rejected, and obsolete items proposed for disposal to the respective manager(s) and follows through on the dispositions with Inventory Control.
- Performs any other related duties as may be required by Management.
- BA Degree Required
- Minimum 2+ years of relevant material planning experience
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and work independently with excellent accuracy and with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work with multiple departments
- Must be proficient with Word and Outlook
- Must have excellent knowledge of Excel
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Experience with ERP systems a plus
||Full time / Non-Exempt (Hourly)
||9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. (with 1 hour unpaid lunch)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to occasionally alternate between sitting and standing positions. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms, use hands and fingers to handle controls, computer, and mouse; talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk, stand, stoop, and lift as required to file documents or store materials throughout the workday. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. Proper lifting techniques required. May include lifting up to 25 pounds for files, computer printouts on occasion.