12 Months+ Contract
Contracts Specialist (CS)
Culver City, CA
.Director/Sr. Manager, Procurement Operations, Corporate Procurement
The Contract Specialist (CS) will be part of the Procurement Operations team for a major movie studio. The CS supports Procurement Team that is responsible contracts administration and procurement administration. The goods and services include purchases for, but are not limited to, IT, Facilities, Human Resources, Consulting, Marketing & Publicity, and Production and Post Production. The CS will coordinate with suppliers, clients and internal partners such as Legal, Information Security, Data Privacy Compliance and Risk Management in completing required purchase activities in accordance with company policy.
- Prepare low to medium risk procurement contract transactions, including drafting, review, redline, and management of vendor agreements, amendments and other purchasing documentation for procurement related activities.
- Prepare and disseminate information to business clients and stakeholders regarding contract and deal status.
- Provide expertise in contracts management policy and best practices for contracts, negotiation, and compliance processes.
- Review vendor engagements in conjunction with Data Privacy and Information Security requirements to identify terms and conditions that present risk to clients in a clear, concise manner
- Understand and negotiate business specific legal terms and conditions and explain them to clients in an easy to understand manner.
- Help answer questions from clients about interpretation of terms and conditions of contracts, and advise clients on Procurement policies surrounding the contract process and compliance requirements.
- Interact with Legal, Legal Compliance, and Risk Management departments to analyze contracts and develop language to minimize exposure where needed.
- Support the development and preparation of bid documents, including contract terms and conditions and requirements related to special procurement and contract needs.
- Develop and manage simple Requests for Proposals, Quotes, and Information including the collection of requirements, management of bidder communications, and analysis of bid responses.
- Support and manage Procurement tools, systems and administrative support for the Procurement Operations team.
- Set-up Vendor Maintenance Requisitions and participate in periodic User Acceptance Testing.
- Review and approve purchase orders to ensure they are compliant with Corporate policies.
- Builds and maintains internal and external relationships.
- Able to adapt to a changing work environment and be flexible in approach
For immediate consideration please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- At least 2-3 years’ experience with contracts administration, subscription management, and negotiation
- Paralegal Certificate or BS/BA preferred
- Awareness of general Procurement/Sourcing process for purchase of goods/services
- General knowledge of entertainment industry is a plus
- Understanding of the general role of procurement
- Strong working proficiency of MS Word, especially in redlining and comparing documents
- Comfort with using MS Excel and MS PowerPoint to compile and present data from procurement activities
- Ability to manage and organize a variety of tasks, evaluate alternatives quickly, meet deadlines and provide meaningful and prudent assistance and support to internal clients will be more heavily valued.
- Working knowledge of the following applications (or similar) is a plus: Ariba, Novatus, Filemaker Pro, Sharepoint, Powerpoint
- Fluency in English required; Spanish proficiency is a plus