Position: SQL DBA/DeveloperLocation: Pasadena, CA(91124)Start Date: ASAP
If interested, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with your availability and hourly rate for immediate consideration.
The client is considering only local candidates who are able to work full-time.
• 3+ years of working DBA/Developer experience (Preferred 65% dba and 35# development)
+ 4-year college degree in computer science or equivalent
• Microsoft SQL Database certification or any system administration preferred
• Experience supporting Microsoft SQL Servers with primary focus on current releases of the product SQL 2012/14/16/17 and 19
• Linux, MySQL and other open source software knowledge with AWS services is preferred.
• SSRS and SSIS experience is preferred
• Excellent communication skills needed for extensive contact with IT teams & management
Our client is looking to hire a SQL Database Administrator for our Information Services team. We are looking for an enthusiastic person that is willing to learn quickly and apply new database technology to help the Company excel. Our candidate will put teamwork first before individuality. The successful candidate must be able to tackle all challenges related to the database systems. We are building a strong database team that will be setting guidelines for the company’s future. The job is based in our Pasadena, CA office.
• Install, administer and support on-premise/AWS hosted MS SQL Server systems and databases.
• Plan and execute database migration from old version to latest SQL version.
• Install and test SQL patches, service packs, and updates.
• Write T-SQL queries and use queries to troubleshoot database performance issues.
• Perform core DBA duties like backup and recovery, basic admin, security management, documentation, enforcing best practices and standards, and performance tuning.
• Work with PowerShell scripting or other programming languages to automate repetitive manual tasks.
• Provide project management to clients to support and deploy new application databases.
• Responsible for disaster recovery planning, implementation, testing, and documentation.
• Consults with users and vendors in diagnosing and solving all database software and data-related problems.
• Apply, perform, and enforce database security compliance and provide auditing.
• Monitor database system details within the database, including stored procedures and execution time, and implement efficiency improvements.
• Receive and respond to incident requests (Break/Fix) and changes in service (Service Requests) assigned to the team.