Position: Environmental Technician II
Location: Perth Amboy, NJ (08861)
Contract to Hire
Start Date: tentatively 8/14/2019
Work hours: 6:30 am – 4 pm
- A 4-year Bachelor's degree is required, in accordance with the requirements of our client contract for an Environmental Technician. Plus 2-4 years of related work experience, minimum.
- The candidate must have a 40-hour OSHA HAZWOPER training course with an annual 8-hour Refresher course (if applic).
Under general supervision, performs a variety of routine and some non-routine tasks in support of the professional staff on the project team. Work assignments may be in the office and/or at field sites. A willingness to travel for up to 5 days at a time to regional project sites is expected.
- Performs routine, and some non-routine, and occasionally heavy labor tasks related to on-site industrial waste, hazardous waste, field environmental surveys, or remediation system operations and maintenance.
- Collects samples and maintain documentation in record logs.
- Knowledge and experience collecting samples using NJDEP Low-Flow sampling procedures is required.
- Learns to operate trucks, pumps, vacuum equipment, oil booms, generators, and other machinery/equipment. Helps to maintain appropriate logs of activities.
- Performs testing, calibrating, repairing, and modifying control and instrumentation systems at on-site locations. Some assignments may be undertaken independently.
- Assists in preparing required field and office reports of various activities and findings. May initiate basic reports.
- Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.