Location: Pasadena, CA
Employment Type: Full Time / Direct Hire
Our client is looking for a sharp and experienced IP Paralegal. The ideal candidate will need to have prior applicable patent prosecution experience for this position.
Other qualifications for Paralegal include, but not limited to:
For immediate consideration please send salary requirement and resume to email@example.com
- Four year degree and Paralegal training/certificate.
- Applicable experience may be substituted for formal education if 2 year degree and paralegal certificate.
- Relevant PATENT prosecution experience in a professional environment which includes progressive responsibility in managing patent matters on the prosecution side is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of US and PCT patent rules and procedure highly desirable. Paralegal will assist in filing of U.S. and PCT patent applications.
- Paralegal will have ability to draft correspondence to clients regarding status of applications and patents, and reporting Office Actions.
- Correspond with foreign associates; oversee payment of foreign associates’ invoices.
- Assist in preparing claim amendments.
- Ability to construct timelines of events, review file history, extract critical data and reconstruct portfolio.
- Law firm IP experience preferred.
- Occasional overtime work may be necessary.
- Other duties as assigned may include planning, directing and reviewing of the work assigned to other support staff, as well as special projects designated by associates/partners.
- Looking for candidates who are detail-oriented and able to work independently in a fast paced, challenging environment.
- Must possess excellent English, reading, and writing skills.
- All candidates must pass an in-house pre-employment written test and must clear a background check.