The primary role of the Security System Administrator
is to administer and maintain the IT Security Systems infrastructure. This role also provides Incident Response capabilities as needed. The Security System Administrator installs, updates and maintains IT Security systems and applications to ensure the optimal function of the IT Security Infrastructure.
- Manage and maintain IT Security systems and applications (SIEM, DLP, ISE, Forcepoint suite, etc).
- Patch and maintain above applications promptly to ensure optimal operation.
- Respond to internal and external system alerts from IT Security systems and applications.
- Participate in IT Security incident response and investigation – including DLP reviews, forensic assessments, etc.
- Conduct audit functions as directed and outlined by management.
- Conduct compliance assessments of company technologies against industry best practices and provide recommendations.
- Monitor & test the effectiveness of internal security systems including anti-virus, event log collection and correlation, network access control, web and email filtering systems, and IDS\IPS components.
- Monitor & review firewall and perimeter IDS\IPS rules and configuration. Respond to security breaches and network emergencies as necessary.
- Monitor and test compliance with department policies and procedures.
- Interact with vendors to ensure department and company objective are met.
- Implement projects as assigned.
- Maintain current knowledge of disaster recovery plans and executables.
- Document all support and maintenance activities as required.
- Diligently and consistently follow department & organization policies and procedures.
Please email resumes directly to firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate consideration
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a corporate network environment.
- Possess one or more professional certifications in an Information Technology area. Preferred certifications are MCSE, MCTS, CCNA, Security +
- Demonstrable knowledge in the field of information security.
- Strong, hands-on technical knowledge of network and PC operating systems, including Windows 2008 & 2012 Server, Windows 7 and Cisco IOS and ASA.
- Strong, hands-on technical knowledge of anti-virus and patch management systems, solutions and best practices.
- Hands-on technical knowledge of routers, switches, firewalls & intrusion detection\prevention systems.
- Strong understanding of data encryption standards, solutions and best practices.
- Strong understanding and experience with LAN & WAN technologies including design and implementation.
- Strong understanding of Internet standards and protocols including TCP\IP.
- Strong understanding of data privacy practices and laws.
- Able to conduct in depth research into security issues and products as required.
- Proven hardware troubleshooting skills.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills. Highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail. Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Able to effectively prioritize tasks in a high-pressure environment. Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment. Ability to work after hours and weekends as necessary.
- Ability to lift and transport moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals.