Location: Pasadena, CA
The Health Information Systems Analyst
Provides extensive domain knowledge to all aspects of system design including analyzing and evaluating existing or proposed clinical information systems. Provides oversight for major components of the Electronic Health Record (EHR). The Health Information Systems Analyst
is responsible for working with clinical and business colleagues to analyze, design, build, test, deliver and maintain reports, dashboards and other data extracts requested. The Health Information Systems Analyst
will also be responsible for working on reported production issues in addition to contributing reporting expertise while assigned to project teams. The Health Information Systems Analyst
will work closely with clinical and revenue cycle informaticists and report consumers across the organization. The Health Information Systems Analyst
should thrive in a client-focused environment and demonstrate dedication to implementing 'best practices' and systems improvements. Ideal candidate will also demonstrate strong analytical and problem-solving skills as well as a willingness to learn new things. Documenting business and system processes and procedures using industry standard process flow- and flow-charting techniques is also important.
To be successful, the ideal candidate will be an expert in developing reports using Business Objects, SQL, CCL, SAS or related analytics apps/language.
Key Responsibilities include:
Basic education, experience and skills required for consideration:
- Analyzes, develops, configures, tests and implements Electronic Health Record (EHR) software and related analytics, with minimal supervision.
- Acts as user liaison between clinical or business departments and Information Systems; providing domain expertise and experience for multiple interacting departments. Mentors EHR associates and provides team coordination tasks for specific project components that require specialized clinical knowledge.
- Performs system configuration functions using on-line architectural tools with minimal supervision. Leads others to adhere to established industry best practices, standards, and quality.
- Works closely with operational stakeholders to properly engineer workflow.
- Produces user requested reports utilizing special features on designated systems.
- Oversees maintenance of the assigned EHR modules.
- Interfaces with designated software vendor personnel to recommend and coordinate various enhancements, changes, and resolutions to software problems.
- Prepares charts and diagrams to assist in problem analysis and submits recommendations for solutions.
- Prepares detailed program specifications and flowcharts and coordinates the system's installation with the user department.
- Analyzes user-reported problems to determine corrective action.
- Provides status reports to management when required.
- Attends meetings as required and participates on committees as directed.
- Maintains a positive image when dealing with department personnel and other outside Vendors
- Maintains professional growth and development through seminars, workshops, and professional affiliations to maintain certification/licensure, and/or keep abreast of latest trends in field of expertise.
- Ensures department documentation is at current levels.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Experience may substitute for minimum education requirements
- 3-5 years healthcare Information Technology experience.
- 3-5 years of experience in a Healthcare Information clinical role
- Healthcare experience in other acute care health care settings preferred as well.
- Previous experience in the design, planning and implementation of CIS preferred.
- Foster and promote a positive image and professional appearance. Additional software skills: Microsoft Office Tools (namely Excel and Access databases)
- Analytical and organizational skills
- Research information
- Prepare reports, system documentation
- Atmosphere and environment associated with an office setting
- Excellent oral/written communication and organizational skills.
- EHR Systems: 3 years (Required)
- Microsoft Office: 3 years (Required)
- Healthcare: 2 years (Preferred)
- IT: 2 years (Preferred)
For immediate consideration please send resume and hourly compensation requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org