Location: Pasadena, CA
The position of Infant Teacher consists of teaching and caring for children (6 months to 2 years of age) in activities designed to promote social, physical, and intellectual growth. The Teacher provides the children with a learning environment that is both caring and safe
INFANT TEACHER Qualifications
An infant teacher must have at least 12 post secondary semester units in Early Childhood Education or Child Development, plus 3 Infant units, and 6 months experience in a child care center with children 6 to 18 months.
- Pediatric CPR, First Aid, Integrated Pest Management (IPM), and Child Abuse Mandated Reporter Training must be current and maintained at all times.
- An infant teacher implements all Needs and Services Plans.
- An infant teacher prepares and implements daily lesson plans in accordance with the principles of Early Childhood Education and the Preschool Academy curriculum program.
- Follow Policies and Procedures as set forth by the Preschool Academy.
- Opening & Closing Shifts: Follows procedures accordingly.
- Greets and dismisses students and parents.
- Maintain a friendly demeanor with all parents and families at all times.
- Assists in making sure parents sign in/out daily.
- Supervise (both audible and visual) the children at all times.
- Change diapers or assist children in bathroom as needed.
- Ensure the learning environment (indoor and outdoor) is clean (e.g. dust free), hygienic (e.g. clutter free), and safe.
- Playground: Follow the playground rules and follow them accordingly. The final judgment of any safety rules must be made.
The selected candidate is to familiarize themselves with the playground rules and follow them accordingly. The final judgment of any safety rules must be corrected by the selected candidate.
All other duties as assigned.
For immediate consideration please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org