Position: EE (Electrical Engineering) 3D Modeler (R000304)
Location: Richmond, KY 40475
Duration: DIRECT HIRE
Duties & Responsibilities:
Experience & Qualifications:
4-year degree in Engineering (or related field) and 3+ years of related work experience. Ability to obtain KY Professional Engineer registration is desired.
- Completes a wide variety of difficult engineering assignments, applying electrical engineering techniques and analyses within this discipline. The Engineer at this level is a fully qualified professional, proficient in the utilization of most engineering theories and practices. Some assignments involve CAE (computer aided engineering)/CAD (computer aided design) applications. Willingness to travel or relocate to supplier, client, or construction site locations, is expected.
Performs complex engineering tasks and particularly important engineering work efficiently and accurately.
- Extracts engineering information from CAD drawings.
- Performs As-Built walk-downs of equipment installations and updates design documents as needed.
- Prepares engineering computations, material quantity takeoffs, estimates, surveys, and designs.
- Completes a variety of assignments such as drawings, specifications, and other materials suitable for procurement and construction purposes. Frequently interfaces with other Engineering disciplines as well as other departments.
- Knowledge of advanced 3-Dimensional Computer-aided technical illustrations with AUTOCAD, Microstation SE, V8 (2d&3d), PDS, Excel, Word, Etap
- Field support to construction including interfacing with craft to determine corrective actions to field constructability issues is expected.
- Prepares detailed requisitions for equipment and materials.
- Reviews supplier drawing submittals and performs technical bid analyses.
- Prepares and issues specifications, data sheets, and other construction documents.
- Provides technical guidance to CAD Designer/Drafters, Designers, and lower-level Engineers working on the same project.