The HR Finance/Business Administrator will be a strategic thought-partner, and report to the President/CEO. The successful candidate will be a hands-on and will participate with the agency team to support the following areas: accounting and finance, business planning and budgeting, human resources, administration, and IT.
Human Resources, Technology and Administration
- Prepare accounting entries, analyze and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner; clearly communicate monthly and annual financial statements; collate financial reporting materials for all donor segments, and oversee all financial, project/program and grants accounting.
- Computer savvy including experience in automated accounting systems, especially Sage/Peachtree is helpful.
- Prepare payroll through outside service and review all timesheets for accuracy and credibility.
- Post journal entries including revenues and expenses and utilize cost accounting principles.
- Coordinate and lead the annual audit process, liaise with external auditors and the finance committee of the Board of Directors; assess any changes necessary.
- Oversee and lead annual budgeting and planning process in conjunction with the CEO; administer and review all financial plans and budgets; monitor progress and changes; and keep senior leadership team abreast of the organization’s financial status.
- Manage organizational cash flow and forecasting.
- Implement a robust contracts management and financial management/reporting system; ensure that the contract billing and collection schedule is adhered to and that financial data and cash flow are steady and support operational requirements.
- Update and implement all necessary business policies and accounting practices; improve the finance department’s overall policy and procedure manual as necessary.
- Effectively communicate and present the critical financial matters to the Board of Directors.
- Further develop human resources and administration, enhancing professional development, compensation and benefits, performance evaluation, training, and recruiting.
- Ensure that recruiting processes are consistent and streamlined. Conduct exit interviews.
- Establish and manage a comprehensive training program to educate employees regarding staff tools, policies, and procedures.
- Work closely and transparently with all external partners including third-party vendors and consultants.
- Oversee administrative functions as well as facilities to ensure efficient and consistent operations as the organization grows.
- Minimum of a BA, ideally with an MBA/CPA or related degree or applicable experience.
- At least 5 years of overall professional experience; ideally six-plus years of broad financial and operations management experience
- The ideal candidate has experience of final responsibility for the quality and content of all financial data, reporting and audit coordination for either a division or significant program area, and has preferably overseen a human resources function previously
- Ability to translate financial concepts to staff and to effectively collaborate with programmatic and fundraising colleagues who do not necessarily have finance backgrounds
- A track record in private and public grants management
- Technology savvy with experience selecting and overseeing software installations and managing relationships with software vendors; knowledge of accounting and reporting software
- Commitment to training programs that maximize individual and organization goals across the organization including best practices in human resources activities