Position: REVIT FIRE ALARM SYSTEM DESIGNER
Location: Pasadena, CA
Duration: Contract to Hire
Please email resumes to email@example.com for immediate consideration.
Our client has a position for a REVIT Fire Alarm System Designer to join the Fire Protection Engineering Division of the Federal Business Unit in support of various Government Agency projects. Our client’s Federal Business Unit provides a broad array of engineering design services to its clients including Fire and Life Safety Engineering and Fire Protection System Design.
- US Citizenship is required. Candidate must have the ability to obtain US Government security clearances
- 5 or more years related design experience in Fire Alarm System design.
- Must be able to complete design projects start to finish, while working independently
- Must be able to multi-task, work with minimal supervision, follow written and oral instructions, show attention to detail and demonstrate problem-solving skills
- Program experience with, and working knowledge of, REVIT, AutoCAD, BIM, and Microsoft Suite.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to obtain Governmental clearances
- Ability to solve basic math problems including geometry and algebra.
- Proficient in AutoCAD and REVIT
- Ability to complete site surveys and identify code issues and find solutions.
- Work in a professional office environment and routinely uses standard office equipment
- Field experience.
- NICET Certification in Fire Alarm Systems
- High School, GED, or College Degree
- Interpret and apply applicable NFPA standards including NFPA 70 and 72.
- Perform voltage drop and battery capacity calculations.
- Prepare logical sequence of operations (I/O Matrix).
- Prepare stock listing, product data sheets, and installation requirements
- Prepare as-built drawings
- Comply with all safety policies
- Visit construction sites or frequent travel with overnight stay